Photographers tend to be creative individuals who love heading out with their gear to nearby and distant places hoping to capture something interesting or meaningful. At times they are hired to document special events, or families or for editorial work. They are content with some of their photos, but feel most rewarded with a client's kind words. They criticize their work more than most and often wish they could improve overnight. They are never content with having only a few lenses or a few camera bags and they like to take photos of what's in them as well. Some will sneak out before the sun comes up to get that great photo while others will set up more lights than are found in their homes to get the perfect photo. Photographers like to share as well as be very independent. They admire the leaders in the industry, but strive to have a unique style and presentation. They dream big and challenge themselves every day. And they hope to have a positive impact on those they meet along the way.
We are a great bunch!
These are the top 10 reasons why everyone should have a photographer friend:
1. You'll always know what cameras and gear are about to be released even if you don't take photos yourself.
2. Your photographer friend will remind you how useful it is to have hundreds of photos on your cell phone.
3. After several critiques your horizon will always be level in your photos.
4. When taking photos of your children playing in bright mid day sun your photographer friend will lift them and move them to a shady area for improved lighting. (make sure to thank them!)
5. When taking photos at a family event your photographer friend will remind you constantly how important it is to have your photos printed.
6. No more awkward silences in conversation. Your photographer friend will always be prepared to tell you exactly how much he/she paid for each piece of gear they own.
7. You are always guaranteed at least one comment of feedback for every photo you post on your Facebook timeline.
8. You will always have an abundant photos of yourself posted on Facebook that you never asked to be taken.
9. You will be trained in never saying "cheese" again when taking a photo.
10. Your photographer friend will encourage you to buy a DSLR and give you a lengthy explanation on whether Nikon or Canon is better.
Photographers are very friendly. Say hi to one today. We don't bite, we photograph.