So today I got my first Fujifilm camera, the X-E1 also know as the Sexy One. Honest.
I've been doing a lot of research on Fujifilm and their products have been outstanding. It was actually a very tough decision to make as they have so many different options. They have another line that has a built in lens and another with removable lenses so it was very hard to decide. But, I ended up picking the X-e1 as it was fair priced, the x-e2 just came out so that pushed the price down a little, and is of their second generation.
I will be doing a more detailed review on this camera after I have more days with it.
These are my first impressions:
- Out of the box this camera just looks great. Photos online really don't do it justice.
- It feels very solid and due to all the metal it really reminds me of the old film cameras I've tried in the past.
- The lens had a nice heft to it.
- The aperture ring on the lens clicks into grooves as you turn.
- The zoom ring is stiff, but glides. Top lenses feel like that, very nice!
- The EVF is so cool, you can operate the whole menu right from the eyepiece. Almost no reason to use the LCD, yet.
- The AF was slow and there was very noticeable lag. (I was just panning around my room with natural light.)
- I snapped a few photos at iso 3200 and zoomed in and was very pleased. I will upload some photos in a bit.
- I updated the firmware on the camera and the lens. All the new available options are great.
- The menu system is interesting, although well organized. Still need to figure out how to setup the Q menu better.
- Figured out how to turn off the lcd and only the viewfinder when I needed it.
- The few photos I took earlier, which were random did seem very sharp and the WB seemed good as well.
- I was able to configure my viewfinder display the way I'd like so far. Will have to use it more and continue to customize.
- Good weight and balance.
More to come of course.
But, here are some photos of the camera!
These photos were taken with my D610.
Don't worry I will be posting a handful of photos from the X-E1 in the upcoming days.
WELCOME TO THE BLOG
Please use the search bar below to find what you're looking for or click on the category that interests you.
Thanks for visiting!