All I can say is wow!
I've only had it for a day, but am pretty impressed so far.
Right out of the box you can tell that this is a pro lens. It has the gold ring on the top and is built solid. It is primarily plastic, but has a nice weight to it. If you had the 105mm 2.8D as I did you will see that this lens is clearly heavier.
Some things I like about this lens already:
- The lens itself does not extend when focusing closer to the subject. All the elements are within.
- The autofocus is super silent and seems to be faster than on my other lens.
- The focusing wheel is large and is smooth to operate.
- I haven't tried shooting towards a light source yet to check the Nano crystal coating, but I'm hoping there will be a big improvement.
- It just feels solid and really well built.
- The connectors are all metal and it is weather sealed (haven't tested and hope I don't have to)
- It has VR! I'll need that at the wedding next weekend.
I plan on taking a lot of photos with this lens in the near future.
Overall I am very satisfied and if you are serious about macro photography
WELCOME TO THE BLOG
Please use the search bar below to find what you're looking for or click on the category that interests you.
Thanks for visiting!