Booking an engagement session is always a great idea..
Let me share with you some key benefits.
1. If you ask your wedding photographer for an engagement session as well they can often give you a package deal. It doesn't have to be a huge expense. Ask and see what it may cost to include in your custom package.
2. Getting to know your wedding photographer other than on the wedding day is highly recommended. By working with your photographer for a couple hours you'll be able to see how they interact with you, and feel more comfortable around them. Some couples are a bit shy when it comes to getting photos taken and that could be pretty nerve wrecking on the wedding day where everything is fast paced, but you are followed around by a photographer. By having an engagement session you'll start to feel more comfortable in front of the camera and increase your confidence for your big day.
3. You can tell your photographer what you like or don't like. Yes, you can always e-mail them prior to the wedding or let them know on the wedding day, but wouldn't it be nice to tell your photographer what angles you don't like or if you're unsure about where to stand. The engagement session is always very relaxed and you can try a variety of poses and looks to see what you like best. There is no rush and will greatly reduce stress levels on your wedding day.
4. You can get some amazing photos that you can put your save the date cards or to share via e-mail or Facebook. Having professional photos to share ahead of the wedding really gets people anxious for the wedding. Snap shots are always nice, but those are taken all the time. An engagement session, done well, will show you at your best and a glimpse of what's to come.
5. You get to pick where the photos will be taken. Much like senior photos an engagement session is built all about you. Do you have a favorite location? Where did you first meet? Where did you propose? Is your childhood home nearby? You get to pick your favorite place (or two) and share that with family and friends.
6. Engagement photos make great gifts, announcement cards, and even mini engagement books.
So when planning your wedding and looking for a wedding photographer make sure to ask about engagement sessions. Most wedding photographers offer them and are more than thrilled to share a few with you in preparation for your wedding.
WELCOME TO THE BLOG
Please use the search bar below to find what you're looking for or click on the category that interests you.
Thanks for visiting!