Have you ever considered hiring a photographer but had no clue where to start?
Every asked a friend and then were surprised that the photographer was several hundred dollars?
Or, did they tell you about a local photographer that would do photos for a lot less.
How do you decide who's good, dependable and a pro vs not a pro?
Well, that will be addressed at a later post.
If you have never hired a photographer because you think you'd rather do it yourself and not spend the money or if you did you'd just go to the mall guys think again.
Let me tell you the benefits of hiring a photographer to work with you.
1. You get to choose your photographer. You can see their work, their pricing and personality that works best for you. You are not walking into a studio blind and just get who's available. Ever gone to a hair salon and ended up with a bad haircut?
2. A pro photographer will be excited to work with you and ask you exactly what works for you. That could take two minutes or an hr long conversation discussing locations, outfits, personalities etc. They want to know you and anyone else involved in the session.
3. They will review the photos with you when you are done so you can decide whether you want the digital files, prints or an album made. You can ask them questions about the images and get their advice on what might look best in your home or for long term memories. ( I personally like photo books as they don't take up wall space which means that aren't replaced by new images every few months, plus they look awesome!)
4. When you hire a photographer they will go where you want to go. If you are a football player you can do a shoot on a football field. Or your backyard or your favorite park. The options are endless because the photographer is out to make you a happy client.
5. The best thing about hiring a photographer is that they will work with you throughout the whole process. Have a couple questions? E-mail them or call them, or text them. If you're confused on anything just ask.
6. Then one day you find that right photographer for you and your family. Everyone knows that person and feels comfortable around them. And they already understand your needs and what you're looking for. You know their quality of work already and you know what to expect. They then become a go to person for photography. Do you currently have a go to plumber, electrician, barber? They are hard to find.
7. Photographers capture those special moments in your life in a non point and shoot manner. They have practiced countless hours to work under any lighting situations and know the best angles. They understand how to use their equipment and have the ability to produce images you would have never thought of taking.
So don't burden yourself with trying to get those crucial photos and host a party, or event or family photos. it is a lot of work when you actually think about it. Enjoy yourself and let the photographer do all the work.
It is interesting to me to see all the great photographers out there who do amazing work.
You always see their websites with fantastic photos of other people and you think to yourself I'm not as photogenic as that person how would I look if I were photographed by that person.
I know I'm not photogenic and I always look horrible in photos.
But that is the magic of photography. When you find someone that understands it very well they can always find you in the best light.
So you slowly start seeing yourself in their images.
And you think back on the photos taken of you during the holidays and birthdays and try to compare them to the photos you see on the photographer's website.
Could that person produce a wonderful photo of myself and my family?
And if so, how much would I pay for a relaxed session and some photos of myself and family like I've never seen before?
I wonder how much......?