No its not dejavu, but I did own an X100s temporarily about a month ago. I tried it out and enjoyed it, but I was hesitant about the lens focal length. As the lens is fixed I really have no option and that worried me at the time. But, now that I have my two "for work" cameras I feel really good about getting to know the X100s better and I know it will serve quite useful during wedding ceremonies as well as times where I need to be discrete.
Reasons why I know I'm going to really enjoy this camera:
- The built in lens is very small which adds to the discreteness when out shooting. It also keeps the camera very light.
- The silent shutter. From more than three feet away you can't hear it. No joke.
- At times I will need this wider field of view and this is a very sharp lens.
- The close up capability of this camera/lens combination is really good. To the point where I can do semi closeups of things without any problems.
- It has an optical and electronic viewfinder. Although I use the electronic viewfinder primarily I can see how street photographer and landscapes could benefit from the optical view.
- This will become my primary photo walk camera for street, landscape and city photography.
- A very easy pick up and go type camera. No fumbling around trying to decide what lens to use.
Please enjoy a few photos of my new black X100s. I highly recommend this camera as a companion camera to your current system, or a do-it-all travel camera, or the perfect street photography camera. If you have a chance rent or try one out. You will be very pleased!
Boston Wedding Photographer
Worcester Wedding Photographer
Providence Wedding Photographer
Nashua Wedding Photographer
© Tomas Haran Photography 2018